Places to Go – Lakes and Trails
Treasure Valley lives up to its name, with lakes and trails galore for explorers to enjoy. As Idaho natives, we at Intermountain Power Sport Rentals LLC can point renters to the best boating and riding locations near our two locations in Cascade, Nampa and Idaho City as well as the rest of the Boise area. Check out the suggestions below, or contact us today at (208) 467-6944.
Places to Boat – Idaho Lakes
A boat rental or jet ski rental is the perfect way to spend a summer day, and the lakes listed below are some of our favorites:
- Lucky Peak: This lake is very popular due to its proximity to Boise and its exceptional water quality. Although it doesn’t have much beach, docks placed around the lake are accessible until the water drops late in the year. This lake is about 30 to 45 miles from our location depending on where you put in.
- Owyhee: This amazing lake is 60 miles, 1.5 hours away from our location. The lake is 62 miles long, and people often travel from Portland and Seattle to ski and fish on this beautiful lake. We need good winter snow levels to fill this lake, so check water levels before planning a trip.
- Lake Cascade: This large lake, about a two-hour trip from our location, is surrounded by mountains. Rental homes and cabins, including Tamarack Resort, are available on the west side of the lake.
- Payette Lake: McCall, Idaho, is the home of this beautiful lake. Although the 2.5-hour trip is well worth it, the lake does stay cold until July and August.
Renters may also find information about Idaho’s boat ramps and the level of nearby Brownlee Reservoir helpful as they’re planning their excursions.
Explore Boise — Make a Reservation Today!
Places to Trail Ride
The Idaho wilderness is full of exhilarating trails that are just waiting for you to come and explore with an ATV, dirt bike, or snowmobile. Our renters in the past have enjoyed the following sites:
- Owyhee County is the most frequently visited place for our riders. The varied terrain and the amazing loop to Silver City and back from the Murphy are perfect for a day trip. The area is open year round but some areas can be closed due to mud in the spring and snow in the winter.
- Jubilee Park is an OHV park in Canyon County not far from our location. Perfect for a day trip getaway for families with mixed riding abilities, this park is especially suited for the beginning rider.
- Idaho City is a great place to camp and ride for multiple days. There are hundreds of miles of trails and forest service roads covering thousands of acres of land. The terrain varies from rivers to ridge tops with a little bit of everything in between.
- Silver City is a great destination for history buffs and adventurers alike. Take a step back into history by exploring this old mining town and other hidden treasures on the mountain.
- Idaho is covered with trails and dirt roads winding over both public and private lands. Resources such as the Idaho Trails website cover the state, showing all currently mapped trails in Idaho.
To learn more about Idaho’s trails and lakes, contact Intermountain Power Sport Rentals today at (208) 467-6944, or reserve a rental online. We also offer rental accessories, such as tubes, canoes, and trailers.